Welcome to Fix Route 15 Now!
Fix Route 15 Now is the voice of common sense citizens within the Route 15 corridor that is north of the Town of Leesburg, Virginia up to the Point of Rocks Bridge in Maryland. We are not a special interest group. We will continue to hold our elected officials accountable (County, State and Federal). We will fight for Route 15 to be fixed now, without delay.
We all are suffering. Special Interest groups have infiltrated the process. Our elected officials have continued to meet with these special interest “no growther” groups. There are only a few people within the corridor that want to see nothing done with Route 15. Some of these people are operatives of these special interest groups. Their tactics are radical, their ideas are illogical and their actions are becoming more desperate by the day. We call this “Tyranny of the Minority”.
Ask yourself 10 Questions:
- How many hours do you and your family spend sitting in Route 15 traffic?
- Are you watching your home values stagnate (if not decline) in the Route 15 corridor?
- Are you fearful to let your teenage children drive on Route 15?
- How long do your children spend on the school bus on Route 15?
- Do you ever worry that first responders (medical or fire & rescue) will be delayed in their response to your home, business or children’s school in the Route 15 corridor?
- Did you know that it will take 10 years to widen only 3.5 miles of Route 15?
- Do you know that there is no timeline to improve Route 15 north of Montresor Road?
- Do you know that there are no plans to improve Route 15 north of Lucketts?
- Do you ever wonder who is representing you and your family?
- Do you know the extent that special interest groups have infiltrated the process?
We need your help!
Go to www.FixRoute15Now.com website to learn more. See how the Federal Section 106 process and coordination with different partner agencies is delaying the widening of the first 3.5 miles of Route 15 to 4 lanes. Ten years to fix only 3.5 miles of Route 15 is simply unacceptable. This is not by accident but by design.
Catoctin District Supervisor
Leesburg District Supervisor
Loudoun County Board of Supervisors Chair
Phyllis J. Randall
Request the following three items:
- Immediately start the project with the $3.5M that has been available since July 1, 2018 with legislative action at the September 20, 2018 Board meeting to form a dedicated project management team to accelerate the Route 15 project!This project will not start until Supervisors Higgins and Umstattd introduce this ACTION (which should have happened at the July 3, 2018 Board of Supervisors Meeting)!
- Request that this project be completed in the normal 3-year time-frame by streamlining the section 106 federal and state agency project review. Further, this process should happen in parallel with engineering and design phase.
- Stand up to the special interest groups who are putting up barriers and delaying the design and construction of the Route 15 widening. We need safe roads for our families!
We need your help now. Let’s take back control of the process from the special interest groups.
Write to Chair Randall and Supervisors Higgins and Unstattd today and request for Route 15 to be fixed now with an accelerated process and additional project management funds. Remember to follow us Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates.
Fix Route 15 Now!