Welcome to 2019 and the start of a promising new year! Now that the holidays are behind us, we at FIX Route 15 Now plan on updating the community with where things stand with respect to actions or inactions on improving the Route 15 Corridor from the Town of Leesburg to the Point of Rocks Bridge.
We will take a deeper dive this year on timelines, funding and legislative issues and their impact on improving the Route 15 Corridor. We plan to cover over the next few weeks, in summary format, several related topics affecting the safety improvements and congestion relief along Route 15 to include the following:
- A review of what has been accomplished on Route 15 over the past 2 years.
- When will the County release Kimley-Horn’s next report on Route 15 (north of Montresor Road)?
- Is there any interest in continuing the Route 15 Stakeholder Committee?
- When will the County send monthly progress updates on Route 15?
- Whatever happened to the $110M VDOT SmartScale road funding request for Route 15 improvements (north of Montresor Road)? What funds have been allocated in the County’s Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)?
- What did the Loudoun elected officials do with the $100M surplus funds from last year? Were any requests made for Route 15 corridor?
- When will the Loudoun Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure (DTCI) put out the RFP for Route 15 engineering services to start road widening from Battlefield Parkway to Montresor Road?
- What have our Loudoun County, State and Federal elected officials done to support Route 15 improvements?
- Why you should be concerned about the safety improvements along Route 15?
Route 15 safety should be everyone’s concern, don’t you agree? Join the conversation on our Facebook page!